Please read the instructions below this size chart before ordering. We have indicated whether this size chart uses body or garment measurements in the notes below the size chart. Allow 1cm variance for all garment measurements (as an example a 56cm garment measurement has a variance of 55-57cm. Please factor that into deciding on the size to order.)
To select cm (cm) or inches (in") please see the top left corner of the size chart table.
•Please use this size chart before ordering this product to ensure that you get the best fit and to save on returns costs.
•You can view the size chart in inches or centimeters by clicking on the "cm" or "inch" text on the green bar above the chart.
How to order the right size hat size:
• To measure your head correctly you will need to measure at the fullest part of your head where your hat will sit, which will be just above your ears. Please use this measurement to determine the size above.
• Please note that the canvas Barmah hats have no room to stretch whereas the leather hats have approximately 1cm of stretch.
• UK and US hat sizes given below are our approximates of the equivalent hat size in either country. Please leave the size chart in "cm" rather than "inches" to view these correctly.
UK Size Hat
US Size Hat
Scroll back up this page to place your order for this item.
Please note: If you are unsure about which size to order, please contact us before ordering and we will help you as best we can.
Features: ⊙ Made from durable premium polycotton canvas; ⊙ Generous brim for all-round sun protection; ⊙ Bound edge for strength; ⊙ Water-resistant; ⊙ Neck cord; ⊙ Heavy duty and very durable; ⊙ Front sun protection panel; ⊙ Air flow through mesh sides
This tough hat can take some harsh treatment. Wide-brimmed enough to give you solid sun protection, it is also so light that you won’t even notice you're wearing it – a great choice for the outdoors.
Made from lightweight premium polycotton canvas, this durable hat can withstand some tough conditions. The fabric’s cotton base material is water-resistant and wicks away water. Its bound edge and overall construction holds its shape on both the crown and brim in any weather.
The brim size is generous enough to give you solid sun protection for your face and neck. The brim on this canvas Barmah hat is slightly wider than on the leather varieties we stock. The mesh sides make for increased air flow. All of these features combine to give this hat its comfortable fit. The Barmah Squashy Canvas Safari Hat is best carried when travelling, or packed flat and should not be crushed when packing.
This comfortable fitting hat comes with a neck cord, but does not include its own bag. This hat has been successfully tested on the Bhangazi Horse Safari in the Isimangaliso Wetlands system, Maputaland, South Africa.
Caring for this Hat:
1) Lightly brush off any dust.
2) For minor marks, sponge with warm water and detergent.
3) If necessary, your canvas hat can be cleaned in a 3:1 solution of bleach and gently hand-washed. Ensure that the hat is rinsed thoroughly in clean water immediately to remove bleach.
4) It is not recommended that you machine-wash your hat.
I love these hats for my diving tours, lightweight, very comfortable. I'm just about to buy a new one (my third because people keep nicking them !) They do what they say and squash quite nicely into your luggage.