Quick Facts: ⊙ Made of 100% soft cotton; ⊙ Made in Kenya; ⊙ Size: 110 x 180cm (including fringe); ⊙ Printed instead of woven; ⊙ Unisex
Activities: ⊙ Safari✓ ⊙ Travel✓ ⊙ Outdoors✓ ⊙ Everyday✓ ⊙ Beach trips✓ ⊙ Time by the pool✓ ⊙ Home decor✓ ⊙ Gifts✓ ⊙ Winter wear as a scarf✓ ⊙ Picnics✓
⊙ Made from 100% soft cotton.
⊙ Tasselled fringe on two ends, hand-knotted for effect.
⊙ Ethically produced in Kenya.
⊙ Suitable for men and women.
Printed instead of woven, there are many designs to the Kangas, all of which include a Swahili proverb. Bright and beautiful, Kangas have a range of uses, from wraps to curtains – the choice is yours.
Made from 100% cotton in Kenya, the material of the Kanga is as soft and light as the Marini range, with an airy, natural drape. What makes the Kanga range stand out are the patterns and they are famous for their print. Printed rather than woven, each Kanga has a Swahili proverb - "Asemae Hajapata, Aliyepaya Hasemi" - "He who says does not have, he who has does not say". The Kanga has fringes on two ends, making them even more fascinating, and these fringes are hand-tied.
Whether bought as a gift or for yourself, Kanga kikoys are a true interest piece and can be enjoyed on travels, as home decor items, at the beach, or as a daily fashion accessory. Wrapped and knotted as a skirt or floaty trousers, worn with a sarong clasp, or simply worn as a scarf, its versatility translates into many years of use in a host of different ways.
⊙ WASHING INSTRUCTIONS: These kikoys get better and better with washing and wearing.
• Made from 100% cotton, so wash at around 40°C.
• There may be a little colour leakage, especially on the first wash. Please wash separately.
• Do not bleach.
• It is recommended to use a warm iron with steam
⊙ HOW TO WEAR A KIKOY: There are many ways to wear a kikoy - just use your imagination. Here are a few ideas:
• Long or mini skirt, sarong, and toga.
• Scarf or shawl.
• Hair-tie, bandana, or turban.
• Picnic blanket, beach mat, shade, towl.
• Throw, cushion cover, rug, curtain.
• Baby sling.
• Bikini top, beach cover-up, or dress.
• Gift wrap as an alternative to paper and to add to the gift itself.
• Using one of our sarong clasps.
Send Product Feedback
Help us improve our products even further by sending feedback on any of our products to email@example.com.