About the Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag :
Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight : 3kg; ⊙ Core bag length : 60cm (12cm longer than the Mara&Meru™ Safari Voyager); ⊙ Length with end pockets: 84cm;⊙ Width: 32cm; ⊙ Height: 35cm
Features: ⊙ Made from safari-grade leather and canvas; ⊙ Suit-holder built into the outer flap of the core bag which allows for compact and convenient transport of suits, formal wear, shirts, or trousers for just that added bit of extra room on safari and travels; ⊙ Removable side pockets included; ⊙ "Build Your Bag" from our range of attachments; ⊙ Padded waterproof layer which is effective in light rain showers; ⊙ Padded, adjustable shoulder strap; ⊙ Leather handle for added comfort; ⊙ Lockable YKK zips with leather tags for ease of use; ⊙ Strong, neat stitching that complements the overall look of the bag; ⊙ Antique brass hook allows for hanging of the suit bag section of the bag once you've reached your destination; ⊙ Added durability and aesthetic appeal offered by brass buckles and studs
Activities: 1. Core bag with built-in suit-holder: ⊙ Safari ✓ ⊙ Travel✓ ⊙ Business✓ ⊙ Multi-day adventures✓ 2. Core bag with 3-in-1 and/or 4-in-1 attachments (sold separately): ⊙ Photography or hobbies involving bulkier equipment and gear✓ ⊙ Long trips
With a built-in suit bag, enjoy the "Build Your Bag" features of this larger version of the Safari Voyager on business trips and holidays. It is the ultimate traveller's bag.
The remarkably clever design of the Mara&Meru™ Safari Voyager has been tweaked for those who look to incorporate a suit bag into their luggage. A suit-holder is built into the front flap of the core bag, allowing you to separate suits, formal wear, shirts, and trousers from the bulk of your luggage. This is then secured around the bag for compact ease of carrying and efficient transport of your garments. The core bag is a vast hold-all and has been extended to have a longer length and width to accommodate the suit-holder. The bag comes standard with two small side pockets that attach to the core bag with zips. These can be removed and used independently as satchels and come with detachable shoulder straps. The antique brass hook allows you to unfold and hang the suit compartment on arrival at your destination. The extended space of the core bag makes this a great carry-all for longer safaris or trips. Whether carrying a suit or formal wear for short trips or longer journeys or for transporting safari shirts and trousers, this added feature is sure to appeal to the lifestyle of the travelling man or woman for business and leisure.
The Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag in core mode is the perfect size for short journeys, weekends away, and daily use with the benefit of that added bit of extra space with the extended dimensions of the core bag. The core bag offers you the option to select from our range of 3-in-1 and 4-in-1 bags that are attachable with zips. These can be removed and used independently as satchels and come with detachable shoulder straps and backpack straps. This makes the Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag ideal for long trips which involve 'mini adventures'. The detachable sides can be taken on daytrips while the main bag remains safely at the hotel.
The range of attachments that zip to the Mara&Meru™ Safari Voyager (Your Everything Bag) can also be attached to the Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag so you can customise your bag with ease. With the complete Mara&Meru™ set of bags, you will never need another bag again! The ability to add or remove attachments to create the individual bag of your choosing means that your Voyager Suit Bag is wholly adaptable to meet your needs.
Other attachments available for the Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag:
- 3-in-1 Pocket/Satchel/DayPack (Adjustable depth)
- 4-in-1 Pocket/CameraBag/Satchel/Daypack
Mara&Meru™ Voyager Suit Bag Characteristics:
⊙ MATERIAL: These bags are beautifully crafted from quality safari-grade canvas and leather. A padded waterproof layer weatherproofs the bag and helps to keep the contents of the bag dry in light rain showers.
⊙ BUILT-IN SUIT BAG: The suit-holder is built in to the front flap of the Voyager Suit Bag and allows for convenient travel with suits and formal wear on business or on holiday, offering valuable additional space for your travels.
⊙ DETAIL: The stitching is strong, neat, and complements the curves of the bag. The antique brass hook allows for the suit compartment to be unrolled and hung on arrival at your destination. The brass buckles and studs offer durability and aesthetic detail to the overall look of the bag.
⊙ STRAPS: The handles and straps are made from thick woven canvas with padded leather tabs for comfortable carrying.
⊙ ZIPS: The durable zips have leather tags to make zipping and unzipping easy on the hands. The main compartments have lockable zips that allow a padlock to be fed through to keep the contents of your bag safe.
• We strongly suggest you lock each attachment onto the main bag by inserting a lock through the joining zips.
• Some creasing of the contents of the suit compartment may occur in the event of rough handling during travels.
• We recommend packing softer items around the outer compartment of the core bag so that hard items such as the soles of shoes do not push against garments in the suit compartment.
• Please remove your garments on arrival at your lodge or hotel. The suit bag section cannot be separated from the bag. If you would like to keep your garments inside your suit bag, please unfold the suit bag section on a bed, table, or other flat surface; alternatively, rather than hang the bag, leave your bag on the floor and extend the suit bag section outwards.
• A note about luggage handlers & ground staff in Africa: We stand by the quality of the construction of our leather range and the quality of the safari-grade leather we use to make our bags. We have also expedition tested all of our leather luggage so that we know just how tough it is. Leather is, however, a fabric and, as with all fabrics, it has its limitations. While cases are few and far between and we have not experienced puncturing on our own safaris and expeditions, fabric, by its very nature, is able to puncture or tear if subjected to force, sharp objects, if thrown along an abrasive surface, or other forms of harsh handling. We urge any clients who have their luggage damaged by luggage handlers & ground staff to contact us for a quote to submit to their travel insurance to make a claim.