Elements and Activities – The P7R Rechargeable Ledlenser Safari Torch:
Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 210g; ⊙ Length: 16.57cm; ⊙ Lumens: Up to 1000lm; ⊙ Range: Up to 210m; ⊙ Rechargeable; ⊙ Runs up to 40hrs; ⊙ Water-resistant (IPX4); ⊙ Our overall rating: 9/10
Activities: ⊙ Safari; ⊙ Night drives; ⊙ Camp/hotel/lodge staff; ⊙ Travel; ⊙ Outdoors; ⊙ Expeditions; ⊙ General safety and security; ⊙ Emergencies; ⊙ Camping trips; ⊙ Everyday use; ⊙ Gift; ⊙ Survival; ⊙ Construction and auto repairs; ⊙ Early morning or evening jogging, walking, biking; ⊙ Recreation
⊙ Weight: 210g.
⊙ Superior quality Premium LED Light Chip.
⊙ Advanced Focus System (AFS) optics. Patented reflector and lens combination for intense spot (distance) or flawless flood (near) illumination.
⊙ Three Smart Light Technology light programmes (high, power, low).
⊙ Single-handed speed focus with fast lock to secure the desired focus position.
⊙ Floating Charge System provides easy contact charging without having to remove batteries.
⊙ Fully-charged in 5 hours.
⊙ Robust metal housing and gold-plated internal battery contacts.
The rechargeable version of Ledlenser's best-selling torch is a sensational performer. From floodlight to concentrated beam, it’s perfect for camping trips, safari lodges, & as a general safety tool.
This user-friendly, reliable torch has proven to be a global favourite. Powerful and robust, it is just the tool you need for outdoor adventures. Offering up to 1000 lumens of unparalleled white light from a top-grade premium LED, it uses the patented Advanced Focus System to deliver flawless, laser-like white light right the way through from flood to spot beam for high-quality effectiveness for both long and short distance usage.
The Speed Focus features enables fast, single-handed focusing, while an easy-to-use end cap switch instantly gives the user a choice of three Smart Light Technology settings - High Power, Power ,and Low Power - for ultimate personal control over any lighting situation. Being rechargeable, the P7R makes its own contribution to environmental protection and also saves money on battery replacement. The Floating Charge System offers the convenience of magnetic, wireless charging - without the pesky need of keeping spare batteries on hand or disassembling your torch when they go flat. The P7R can be charged from almost any power outlet including a PC (USB cable supplied) and all internal battery contacts are gold-plated to ensure the most reliable power transmission.
Externally, the P7R has an anodised black body made from aircraft-grade aluminium - a material to withstand knocks and dents in the most demanding work environments. From night drives to camping trips and anytime you need to see a little clearer in the dark or shadows, this is the kind of torch it is worth throwing into your backpack, handbag, glove box, and top drawer so it is close at hand when you need it.
Range vs lumens: When buying torches, please do not only look at the lumens advertised, but also the range of the torch. Where Ledlenser is so impressive is that their torches are highly efficient at transforming battery power into light, which means that the range on a Ledlenser torch will often be much greater than the range on another make of LED torch, even when the other LED torch produces more lumens.
As a leading international brand of hand-held torches and head lamps, Ledlenser is renowned for superior German engineering, outstanding performance, and state-of-the-art technologies such as the patented Advanced Focus System and Smart Light Technology. Constantly driving innovation to provide class-leading lighting instruments, Ledlenser is the brand of choice for professional tradesmen, emergency services personnel, search and rescue teams, and serious outdoor enthusiasts. Ledlenser hand torches and head lamps deliver breath-taking, bright, homogeneous white light that turns night into day and simply has to be seen to be believed. Using only the finest materials such as energy-efficient CREE LED light chips, aircraft-grade aluminium, and gold-plated contacts, they are renowned for quality and have a reputation for reliability that is second to none.
Torch etiquette on safari: Please note that one should never shine a torch into the eyes of diurnal animals, including elephants. This may result in them becoming dazed, leaving them vulnerable to predators.
Packing notes for torches from our experts:
• Packing a high-quality torch is essential on all safaris. This is important for your safety at night.
• Not only will a high-quality torch, such as the range we stock from Ledlenser, ensure that you avoid stepping on any reptiles, arachnids, or insects at night when walking back to your room or tent, but you are also able to spot and avoid wildlife which may have wandered into the camp area in the evenings, as most camps are unfenced.
• Spotting wildlife is also good fun at night. Please ensure that you do so from a safe vantage point such as from the lodge or from the comfort of your room or tent. Your guide and lodge staff should be able to assist you in finding the safest position from which to view the animal.
• For guidelines on which animals you should not shine on at night and for other useful torch usage information, please see the section on this page called "Torch etiquette".
General notes from our experts:
• Our expert, honest advice has the sole intention of increasing your enjoyment and safety whilst on safari and comes from years of experience on all types of safaris and adventures in Africa.
• Natural behaviour: For all the activities you enjoy on your safari, please remember that the ultimate safari involves seeing natural behaviour from the animals you have travelled so far to spend time with. What we mean by this is that you and your guide should not confront any animal while on safari, but rather stay a safe distance away from the animal so that they continue with their habits as if you were not there. The holy grail of safaris is to use the wind, sun, and your guide's skills to try view the animal without it ever becoming aware of your presence. Watching an intimate moment between an elephant cow and calf beats an elephant charging you when you venture too close and she feels threatened. Please bear this in mind when viewing animals during the day and at night - no matter how great or small. Wildlife observations in an open, natural habitat are a privilege and leaving animals as undisturbed as possible by our encounters is what we should all strive to achieve.
14 Nov 2016
A fantastic torch! I used it on a night drive in Moremi, Botswana and spotted a leopard. Far brighter than the heavy spotlights used by the other passengers.