⊙ Printed on unique, hardy plastic paper.
⊙ Double-sided for easy reading.
⊙ Index of cities.
⊙ Contains topographic and tourist information.
⊙ In French, English, Spanish, and German.
Even in the age of technology, a map is a travel essential. This Reise Map of Senegal & The Gambia is a quintessential navigational and planning tool for self-drivers, backpackers, and every traveller.
Reise Maps are committed to providing important travel information in an easy to read format - and this can be seen in their map of Senegal and The Gambia. Combining detailed topographic and tourist information, it has everything you need to plan and navigate on your trip.
Information included on the map includes:
• Spot heights
• Marshes and flooding zones
• Seasonal rivers
• Desert and quicksand areas
• Wells and oases
• National parks and protected areas
• Index of place names
• UNESCO World Heritage Sites
• Archaeological sites
• Churches and mosques
• A selection of lodges and campsites
The detailed road network indicates driving distance and self-drivers of the more adventurous sort will appreciate seasonal and 4x4 tracks. Made from polyart, this map is rip-proof and waterproof for even rough handling on African back roads.
Why Reise World Mapping Project Maps are the best:
1) The World Mapping Project series of maps (in English, German, French, and Spanish) have been created as a result of an ongoing, single-minded obsession with creating the ultimate in travel maps. They will just about get you anywhere you need to go within Africa. We first heard about them when Steve met a cyclist who was exploring Africa's hidden regions on a trip from Cairo to the Cape. After Steve told the cyclist that he had been frustrated by the map he used for our Zambia product test in June 2009, the adventurous cyclist highly recommended the Reise maps. (The cyclist told Steve that, by following one of the tracks on the map, he had even found a village in the middle of nowhere in Tanzania whose inhabitants still spoke German despite not seeing a single outsider for decades!)
2) These maps show incredible detail and are clearly laid out, which makes them as ideal for hardened overland travellers, cyclists, and backpackers as they are for those visiting luxury camps on flying safaris. From showing accurately the location of lodges and camps to detailing seasonal pans and remote 4x4 tracks, these maps have it all. No matter the nature of your adventure, you will be the envy of all you meet while in Africa.
3) Please note that, while the large title as above is in German, these maps are suitable for English, Spanish, and French speakers with information and detailed indexes in all four languages.
4) These maps are all printed on unique plastic paper which is very hardy, rip and waterproof. They will survive all the dust, rain, and rough handling that Africa can throw their way - within reason of course.
5) As a result of all this, these are the maps we rely on when planning our product test expeditions in Africa.
Send Product Feedback
Help us improve our products even further by sending feedback to email@example.com