Safari Clothing By Columbia
Essential outdoor & safari clothing which is lightweight and made for comfort, protection, and style on your next outdoor adventure - and on safari. Expedition-tested to ensure that it performs for the toughest in the outdoor & on safari. Classically styled so you look as good as you feel whenever you step our your front door - or travel further afield to Africa, India or beyond.
- If you are going on a classic game drive type of safari, then pack comfortable women's safari shoes to wear on game drive but which are able to double as good walking shoes for a walk in the bush - an activity we highly recommend. Note that if you do not have walking shoes with you on game drive then your guide may decide against a quick impromptu walk in the bush
- Also take a pair of women's safari shoes to wear around the camp. These may be the same pair as your select for the above, but it may also be a pair of cooler sandals, pumps, or similar.
- For full-on walking safaris make sure you take women's safari shoes which are made for longer hikes - and ensure that you walk them in properly before you go on safari. You may prefer low rise canvas trail shoes or leather higher rise boots - the preference is purely personal.
- If you are going on a walking safari in sandy areas (check with the walking safari company you have booked with) then we suggest that you pack higher rise boots with a built in tongue - such as our Rufiji™ APU Safari Combat Boots - as this will minimise the amount of sand which goes into the shoe which will cause discomfort.
- We would still take a a pair of cooler women's shoes or sandals for before and after walks when around the camp.
- Safari tip: always check your shoes for small snakes, scorpions, spiders and insects before putting them on.
Number of women's safari shoes to pack for your safari:
Up to 4-day safari: x 2 (1+1); Up to 8-day safari: x 2 (1+1); Up to 12-day safari: x 2 (1+1)
*"(1+1)" explained: Walking shoes + shoes to wear around camp.