Functional & feminine women's travel, outdoor & safari shirts
Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) is a measure of the amount of the sun's ultraviolet rays that reach your skin. Our MaraTech™ & BUGTech™ fabric both have an UPF of 50+, which is the highest UPF rating available today for clothing. Back that level of protection up by wearing a wide-brimmed hat & accessories such as sunscreens - but only use those which are proven to really work. Staying safe in the sun means many more hours of fun in the sun. Bad sun burns are no fun at all.
The advice below is a summary. If you are looking for more information & expert advice then please click here for our full safari shirt advice guide.
- Pack women's safari shirts which are not only safari-suitable, but which are also safari-styled and allow you to stay comfortable while looking and feeling feminine. As we usually say: stay in a tent on safari; don't wear a tent-shaped shirt. Women's safari shirts can and should be stylish.
- Women's safari shirts should be khaki or shades of brown and green to blend in best with the environment while on safari.
- Women's safari shirts which are long-sleeved allow you to roll your sleeves up and down when you need to stay cool, keep warm, or to avoid sunburn on your arms. Therefore, we recommend that you pack more long-sleeved than short-sleeved safari shirts in your safari packing mix.
- Collared women's safari shirts give you added protection from sunburn.
- Important features for women's safari shirts include: ability to wick moisture to keep you cool, high level of sun protection (SPF50+ is best), and an anti-insect fabric finish to reduce your chances of being bitten by most flying and biting insects.
- Pack more women's safari shirts made from man-made fibres (polyamide) than natural fibres (such as cotton). Man-made fibres are better at wicking moisture from the skin - and it is this movement of moisture which keeps you cool.
Number of women's safari shirts to pack for your safari:
Up to 4-day safari: x 2; Up to 8-day safari: x 4; Up to 12-day safari: x 6