Features that make this BUGTech SafariElite shirt the ideal shirt for your children:
• Our BUGTech™ fabric has been proven in independent tests by the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) Pesticide Trial Section to effectively repel insects. What is more, the majority of insect repellent garments on the market today have very poor wicking as it usually conflicts with the insect repellent finish on fabric and so, while your garment may keep insects away, without wicking the shirt will not keep you cool. We tested our BUGTech™ against our MaraTech™ range which is highly effective at wicking moisture away from your skin and the results were impressive. Please view both test results in the product images above. We know of no other manufacturer willing to publish their results.
• Weight: Only 240 grams.
• 100% Rufiji™ Ripstop BUGTech Fabric. Quickly releases creasing caused by packing. Ripstop gives the fabric extra strength.
• Anti-bacterial technology keeps your shirt smelling fresh for much longer without washing.
• Pockets: Two chest pockets with velcro closure for easy access, as well as a zipped security pocket.
• Moisture Wicking: Strong, cool, BUGTech fabric draws perspiration away from skin and promotes quick evaporation for maximum dryness and comfort.
• +Vent System: This shirt includes our new +Vent system. This system increases the flow of air around your body by including hidden vents along the seam-line of the back, top section of the shirt.
• QuickDry: This shirt will wash and dry quickly allowing you to wash and wear your shirt time and again on your safari or travels.
• Roll-up Sleeve Tabs: Use the tab-and-loop system for flexibility and convenience. The tabs secure the sleeves when they're rolled up but remain hidden when sleeves are down.
• SPF50+: The Sun Protection Factor is a measure of the amount of the sun's ultraviolet rays that reach your skin. Our MaraTech fabric will protect your skin from harmful sun exposure - in effect sunblock for your clothing. This is the highest SPF rating we know of on a garment.
*Please do not assume your children's size - always check the size guide below. For the best possible protection from insects and the sun, combine this shirt with The Ultimate Protection Special Offer
which includes RID repellent and SafariSUN sunscreen.
|cm / inch||XS||S||M||L||XL|
|1/2 Bust / Chest||41.5 cm||43.5 cm||45.5 cm||47.5 cm||49.5 cm|
|1/2 Waist||41.5 cm||43.5 cm||45.5 cm||47.5 cm||49.5 cm|
|1/2 Hem||40.5 cm||42.5 cm||44.5 cm||46.5 cm||48.5 cm|
|Sleeve Overarm||47 cm||51 cm||55 cm||57 cm||59 cm|
|Centre Back Length||57.5 cm||60.5 cm||63.5 cm||68 cm||72.5 cm|
Three easy steps to ordering the right size: ⊙ With so many different brands from all over the world available on the high street and online, the only way to get your size right the first time round is to compare a garment you own and which fits you well with one of our garments. STEP 1: ⊙ You will need a measuring tape, a flat surface such as a table, a notepad to record your garment's measurements - and your own collared long sleeve shirt which is a comfortable fit. ⊙ Tip: If you do not have a measuring tape, use your credit card. The long side of a credit card measures 8.5cm and the short side is 5.4cm. Simply use the centimetre measurements on our chart and divide by 8.5cm to get an idea of how many credit card lengths equals the measurement you are recording. STEP 2: Referring to the images above, place your shirt flat on the table and record the following measurements: ⊙ 1/2 Bust/Chest - Across the front of the shirt from armpit to armpit; ⊙ Centre Back Length - From the nape of the neck on the back of shirt to the bottom hem; ⊙ Sleeve Overarm - From the top of the sleeve where it joins the shoulder to the end of the cuff. STEP 3: Compare your measurements with our size chart and order the size closest to your measurements. Chest/bust is usually the most important measurement if you are in a hurry, but checking all three will make for the most comfortable fit.
I was bringing my 3 year old daughter to the South Luangwa River Valley in late October. Your customer service was incredible. I live in California and wanted to make sure that if I ordered an item, it would arrive before our trip. My email was replied to immediately and Leila assured me that the items I needed were due any day and she would make sure they got to me in time. She personally emailed me when they had shipped. Just incredible. I ordered Bugtech pants and shirts for both my daughter and I. The quality was wonderful, we spent 8 days in the bush comfortably cool & dry and safe from sunburn and bug bites. What an easy way to keep kids safe so they can just enjoy safari. You guys are amazing in every possible way. Thank you!!