⊙ Weight: 840g
⊙ Length: 160mm; Width: 131mm; Height: 61mm.
⊙ The light transmission of these binoculars ensures bright, high-contrast images
⊙ Special coatings for exceptional colour clarity and brightness even in low light conditions
⊙ Precise focusing mechanism
⊙ Rugged housing which is dust and waterproof with an ergonomic design for comfortable, one-handed usage
⊙ Colour fidelity technology through high-precision lenses and prisms
⊙ Field flattener lenses for exceptional image quality
⊙ Comes with field bag, eyepiece cover, objective lens cover, and carrying strap
For those who never compromise on quality, these state of the art binoculars are the pinnacle of optical performance, offering unparalleled, superb clarity for viewing every detail even in low light.
When only the best will do, these binoculars are the cream of the optical crop. Their state of the art performance means they meet the specifications of even the most demanding professional users. Don't miss a single detail and take in the view through their high-definition, field-flattening lenses. By purchasing a pair of EL binoculars, you will be the envy of everyone else on safari, especially your guide, who will just about be purring with joy when he sees them.
Incredibly, these binoculars allow you to focus on a subject as close as 3.3 meters (9.9 feet away). What does this mean for you while on safari? Imagine you are sitting in a Land Rover in the woodlands of one of Africa's wildlife areas and you are watching a lithe female leopard as she stalks through the undergrowth. You will always be able to focus on the leopard and not miss a single detail - the twitch of her ear, strain of her muscles, careful placement of her paws. To observe wildlife and take a closer look for activity from a viewpoint, a good pair of binoculars are a safari essential and the Swarovski EL 10x42 offer world-class technology for premium-quality performance. There is nothing that quite matches up to their standards.
Swarovski are the best low-light binoculars on the market. Their superior picture clarity and sharpness extends to darker conditions, giving you relatively bright images as dusk descends on afternoon game drives or when scanning the bush during sunset from the lodge. With illuminated picture quality, you will see more through your binoculars than viewing the same scene with the naked eye. Unimpeded by the harsh light of an intrusive flashlight, enjoy the extended intimacy of observing wildlife through your binoculars on safari, when birding, and for all outdoor excursions.
EL SWAROVISION - OPTICAL QUALITY RE-DEFINED:
The revolutionary SWAROVISION TECHNOLOGY from SWAROVSKI OPTIK enables an image quality in the new EL 42 which is previously unequalled in binoculars. The combination of field-flattener lenses and HD optics ensures impressive image resolution over the entire field of view. The EL SWAROVISION binoculars prove outstanding contrast even when observing at dusk. Eyeglass-wearers also benefit from the full wide-angle field of view due to the large eye relief distance.
FIELD FLATTENER LENSES - CONTRAST RIGHT UP TO THE IMAGE EDGE:
The image focus of the new EL 42 has never before been achieved in any binoculars. The field-flattener lenses produce a virtually flat image. As a result, even the finest structures and smallest details are reproduced with razor-sharp clarity right up to the image edge. For the first time ever, the observer obtains a perfect image with no annoying distortions. The outstanding image quality over the entire field of view means less refocusing, allowing you to identify every detail at lightning speed. You will be able to see small movements and identify colours and patterns in your peripheral vision with greater ease.
HIGH-DEFINITION - FOR MAXIMUM CONTRAST:
The fluoride-containing HD lenses minimise color-fringing (chromatic aberration) for contrast-rich images with razor-sharp outlines.
As a result, significant improvements in resolution and contrast are achieved by comparison with conventional grades of glass. Experience completely new insights into nature's world of shapes and colors.
GREATER EYE RELIEF - 100% FIELD OF VIEW FOR EYEGLASS-WEARERS:
The new EL 42 stands out by comparison with other binoculars due to a larger eye relief of the exit pupil. This enables even eyeglass-wearers to survey the entire wide-angle field of view and enjoy the new EL's unique edge sharpness. The removable twist-in eye cups are individually adjustable in three stages. In addition to the maximum position (completely twisted out) and the setting for eyeglass-wearers (completely twisted in), the eye cups also have a snap-in intermediate stage.
OPTIMISED COATING - FOR MAXIMUM COLOUR FIDELITY:
The enhanced coatings of the lenses and prisms (SWARODUR, SWAROTOP, SWAROBRIGHT) in the new EL range offer colour reproduction of the highest standard and exceptional brightness and contrast for optimal viewing experiences - even at dawn, dusk, or in low light viewing conditions. The SWAROCLEAN coating on the outer surface of the lens has a non-stick effect which is especially useful when trying to remove insect repellent, water marks, dust, or tree resin.
How to set up your binoculars for your eyesight:
1) We all have slightly different eyesight strengths and so you will need to set up your binoculars to suit your eyesight using the dioptre setting. If you do not do this, your binoculars will not focus correctly.
2) Please follow the instructions under the information tab for “Setting the Dioptre for your Binoculars”
3) The location of the dioptre may be different depending on your binoculars. Simply check your user manual to find out where the dioptre is on your binoculars. The same steps would still apply.
About Swarovski Optik:
Hand a pair of Swarovski binoculars to any experienced guide, keen birder, or nature lover, and their eyes will alight with wonder. These binoculars rank highly on the most-wanted list of every serious outdoorsman and woman. When it comes to optical perfection, only one name comes to mind: Swarovski. Swarovski Optik, an Austrian, family-owned company with a long optical tradition, has been producing high-quality binoculars and telescopes for over 50 years. As the world's leading optical goods manufacturers, Swarovski Optik sells products which are a synthesis of superior quality in terms of functionality and optical performance, coupled with an emphasis on aesthetic design. With a pair of Swarovski binoculars you will view greater definition than with the naked eye - especially true in low light!
Swarovski EL 10x42 SWAROVISION Binoculars (Green)– Further Information:
⊙ SETTING THE DIOPTRE FOR YOUR BINOCULARS: It is crucially important that you set up your binoculars to account for your eyesight. Here is how you do it:
• Pick up your binoculars and look through them as you normally would;
• Close your right eye so that you are only looking through your left eye;
• Pick an object that has texture about 10 metres away and, looking through your left eye only, turn the Centre Focus knob until the object is in focus and crystal clear to view;
• Now, keeping your binoculars pointed at the same object, close your left eye and open your right eye;
• Using the dioptre (the movable ring) and only looking at the object through the right lens with your right eye, turn the dioptre until the object is in focus for your right eye;
• Your binoculars are now set for your eyesight.
• Only use the Centre Focus Knob for focusing from this point on.
⊙ WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN:
• MAGNIFICATION: Binoculars are often referred to by two numbers separated by an "x". For example, 10x42. The first number is the power of magnification of the binoculars. With a 10x42 pair of binoculars, the image of the subject being viewed is brought ten times closer to you through your binoculars (compared to viewing the subject with the naked eye). Through our experience, we have found that a magnification of 10x is ideal for safaris. 8x magnification would do but we feel that, unless you have a specific reason for using 8x magnification binoculars (for example, if you are a birder heading to the forests of Uganda), it is always better to have the subject you are viewing 10 times closer. We also feel that at 10 times magnification lens shake does not come into play for 95% of people.
• OBJECTIVE LENS SIZE: The second number in the formula (10x42) is the diameter of the objective front lens, measured in millimeters. The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters the binocular, and the brighter the image. Through our experience, we have found that an objective lens size (aperture) of 42mm is the ideal for safaris to allow for as bright an image as possible in low lighting conditions.
• FIELD OF VIEW: The side-to-side measurement of the circular viewing field or subject area. It is defined by the width in feet or metres of the area visible at 1 000 yards or meters. A wide-angle binocular features a wide field-of-view and is better for following action. Generally, the higher the magnification, the narrower the field-of-view.
• EYE RELIEF AND EYEGLASS-WEARERS: Eye relief is the distance binoculars can be held away from the eye and still present the full field-of-view. Extended or long eye relief reduces eyestrain and is ideal for eyeglass wearers. Binoculars also come with twist-up, pop-up, or soft rubber fold-down eye cups so eyeglass-wearers can see the entire field of view.
If you are unsure which binoculars to pack, please do not hesitate to contact us
Send Product Feedback
Help us improve our products even further by sending feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.