Children's outdoor safari hats: for safe fun in the sun
A wide-brimmed hat is an outdoor & safari essential to protect your child's face and neck. Our range will offer sun protection for an experience of uninterrupted play and new discoveries on outdoor adventures & safari. Sizes: Children's heads grow faster than their bodies and while the hats shown are listed as "adult" hats, the hats will fit kids' heads. Please always measure and use our size charts to double check, of course. We have not yet come across a child who needs a size smaller than our smallest adult hat.
The advice below is a summary. If you are looking for more information & expert advice then please click here for our full safari hat advice guide.
- Keep your kid's faces out of the sun on safari activities by packing a wide-brimmed safari hat.
- With average high temperatures reaching mid-20 to mid-30 degrees Celsius on most safaris and with safari areas in Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, and Zambia high above sea level, protecting your children on safari is important as the effects of the sun will be pronounced and the risk of being burnt by the sun will be high. As a wide-brimmed safari hat sits on your children's head, it is their most important first line of defence against a hot midday African sun. Always remember to pack sunscreen though too.
- When it pours with rain on safari and your kid's want to splash about in puddles - or if you are caught out in downpour while on a safari activity, their wide-brimmed safari hat will help keep their face and neck dry - and the rain drops out of their eyes.
- Colour is key when choosing a safari hat for your boy(s) or girl(s) - with neutral shades such as khaki, green, or brown the best. Looking the part will also get your children into the theme of their incredible family safari too.
- Modern wide-brimmed safari hats are conveniently packable too and so do not lose their shape when you take them out of your luggage. If they have lost a bit of shape - or your children have accidentally stomped on their hat - you are usually easily able to manipulate their safari hat back into shape. Never crush your safari hat under a hard object - such as shoes or binoculars - when packing, or let your children sit on their safari hat.
Number of wide-brimmed children's safari hats to pack for your safari:
1 x wide-brimmed safari hat per child.
*Don't forget to also pack a safari beanie to keep their heads warm for the African winter - or high altitude safari.
Please note that for the main product images we have not shown kids - only adults - wearing our hats. As the head grows faster than the rest of the body we have found that kids will always fit into "adult" hats so please shop from the products below, and use our size charts to get the correct fit for your kids.