Rufiji™ Safari Clothing With Protect Yourself For Men
Essential outdoor & safari clothing which is lightweight and made for comfort, protection, and style on your next outdoor adventure - and on safari. Expedition-tested to ensure that it performs for the toughest in the outdoor & on safari. Classically styled so you look as good as you feel whenever you step our your front door - or travel further afield to Africa, India or beyond.
The advice below is a summary. If you are looking for more information & expert advice then please click here for our full safari hat advice guide.
- To prevent having your face and neck burnt by the sun during your safari activities, you will need a wide-brimmed men's safari hat.
- With mean high temperatures reaching mid-20 to mid-30 degrees Celsius on most safaris and with safari areas in Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, and Zambia high above sea level, the effects of the sun will be pronounced and the risk of being burnt by the sun will be high. As a wide-brimmed men's safari hat sits on your head, it is literally your first line of defence against a hot midday African sun.
- Another benefit of wide-brimmed men's safari hats which most people don't think about is the shelter they provide when it rains. We find that a wide-brimmed safari hat definitely makes it slightly less uncomfortable when you are caught out on a walk or game drive by a sudden thunderstorm or tropical shower, as at least your face - or most of it - remains dry.
- Colour is key when choosing a men's safari hat - with neutral shades such as khaki, green, or brown the best. Your safari hat will often be the most conspicuous part of you as you hide behind a bush while viewing wildlife on a walk.
- Modern wide-brimmed men's safari hats are conveniently packable too and so do not lose their shape when you take them out of your luggage. If they have lost a bit of shape, you are usually easily able to manipulate them back into shape. However, never crush your safari hat under a hard object - such as shoes or binoculars - when packing.
Number of wide-brimmed men's safari hats to pack for your safari:
1 x wide-brimmed safari hat per person.
*Pack a safari beanie for the African winter too.