The difference between MaraTech™ and BUGTech™ lies essentially in the anti-insect treatment. In fact, MaraTech™ forms the basis of BUGTech™. MaraTech™ and BUGTech™ have the following in common:
• Both are made from lightweight ripstop, although there may be slight variations in the shape and weave of the ripstop.
• Both fabrics offer SPF50+ or UPF50+ - the highest sun protection rating on the market.
• Both wick moisture to a high level, keeping you cool when it’s hot. What makes BUGTech™ special is that it has been carefully developed to ensure the wicking feature is unimpeded by the anti-insect treatment – something rarely seen with insect defence clothing on the market.
• Both have quick-dry properties and release wrinkles fast – perfect for travel.
Both BUGTech™ and Nosilife reduce insect bites by using an anti-insect finish in the fabric. We know a lot more about the efficacy of BUGTech™ as it is our own brand and we have conducted extensive in-house tests and sent it for independent testing to confirm its performance. Having developed, tested, refined, and re-tested BUGTech™, we are confident in recommending it to our clients. We are also the only brand we know of who has published their test results (and they are impressive). You can view these on the BUGTech™ product pages. For best insect defence with both Nosilife and BUGTech™, use in conjunction with one of our Australian-made insect repellent brands.
The active ingredient in our BUGTech™ fabric is permethrin which is used at the ultra-low dosage of 500ppm. Permethrin is a man-made version of a natural insect repellent found in certain Chrysanthemum plants. BUGTech™ utilises a proprietary permethrin formula to provide odourless insect defence. It affords insect defence against a host of biting insects – and inhibits odour-causing bacteria and fabric degradation too.
As with many things in the EU, rules are getting more and more strict about what may or may not be included in products. We decided a while ago to pull RID™ from the UK and EU market due to changes in legislation around the active ingredients for insect repellents.
In its place, we have selected and tested the best selling independent Australian repellent, called Bushman, for all of our clients. You may read more about it by clicking here. It is proving very popular with our clients due to its efficacy.
As you may know we expedition test™ all products and Steve our founder has used RID and Bushman side by side in the field for everything from mosquitos to tsetse flies and it offers the same level of efficacy. We do not hesitate to offer it as the best possible replacement for RID and we believe that it is the best insect repellent available today in the EU.
We are also running a buy two offer for Bushman - please click here to access it.
• Do not machine wash
• Do not soak leather
• Do not use abrasive detergents or hard brushes / sponges / cloths
• Spot clean with a soft cloth and warm water