How do I return an item for an exchange or refund?
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, you have 28 days to return an item for an exchange or refund (14 days to notify us of the return and an additional 14 days to get the item back to us). Find out about our returns policy and access our easy-to-use returns system here.
Please note that as we are an online-only business we do not have a returns desk at our warehouse to receive returns directly from clients - and so all returns do need to be made to us by courier or by post.
As an international client (outside the UK), who incurs the cost of sending an exchange back?
All returns are at your, the client's, expense for getting the goods back to us - and for us to send the exchange items back to you. We do not build the price of returns shipping into our prices to ensure that you always pay a fair price. We also do provide lots of size and product information so that you have the best chance of ordering the right product in the right size and colour the first time around.
What is Returned Goods Rate Relief?
Returned Goods Relief provides full or partial relief on charges on re-imported goods being sent back to the EU in the same condition as a return. In order to qualify for Returned Goods Relief, you need to clearly indicate that the package is being sent as a return. This will appear on the airway bill, as well as any other supporting documentation (customs invoices, declarations, etc.) where the reason of the shipment is requested. Please be sure to indicate that it is a return and please make note of the “Returned Goods which qualify for Returned Goods Rate Relief (RGR)”
How do I use the DHL Returns Service?
Please follow the steps below (and please do not go to DHL before reading and acting on the information below):
1. Read our returns terms and use the returns system on the returns page to list the items being returned. We will then email you with the returns paperwork - but this is not a DHL shipping label and should be placed inside the parcel should you proceed with the DHL returns service as below.
2. In accordance with our returns page terms, please pack your return items. Do not close the parcel yet as sometimes the DHL courier will want to check the contents.
3. Email us with the weights and dimensions for your return parcel. It is best to simply reply to the returns email you will receive from us once you have filled out the returns form as per step 1. We need Length x Width x Height and the parcel weight. This needs to be exact.
4. We will provide you with a quote from DHL using our DHL system.
5. You pay using the payment link we provided in step 4. Please also email us as soon as you have paid to let us know.
6. We send you the DHL label and you either arrange a collection with DHL (information on how to do this will be on the DHL pdf label we send to you) or you drop it off at a DHL location (find the closest location using https://locator.dhl.com/).
Please do not go direct to a DHL location or store before you have read these steps above, and have received a quote and paid for a DHL return label from The Safari Store - and then received the DHL shipping label from The Safari Store. These steps do not work if you go direct to DHL and they will charge you much higher rates. You are also able to return your parcel any way you please, but the DHL Return Service should save you money and time as we do all the paperwork for you. It is offered as a convenient service for our US clients. Our usual returns terms & conditions apply and we are only able to offer this service to clients who have received their order within the last 30 days.