Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 665g; ⊙ Length: 152mm; ⊙ Width: 130mm; ⊙ Carry bag;
⊙ Rainguard eyepiece cover; ⊙ Objective lens cover;
⊙ Neck strap; ⊙ Lifetime Warranty on binoculars
Magnification: 10x; Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm; Eye Relief: 14 mm; Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm; Linear Field of View: 315 feet/1000 yards; Angular Field Of View: 6 degrees; Close Focus: 7 feet; Interpupillary Distance: 58-75 mm; Length: 5.6 inches (14.22cm); Width: 5 inches (12.7cm) ; Weight: 20.8 ounces (590g)
About the Vortex Crossfire 10x42 Binocular Rentals:
Rent a quality, performance-driven binocular when you select the all-new Crossfire series. The Crossfires feature an entirely new optical system, housing, and aesthetic push into a realm previously unheard of at this price. Fully multi-coated lenses promote impressive optical quality, while a wide field of view and enhanced depth of field ensure optimal subject acquisition. They may be the entry point in our roof prism lineup, but there is nothing entry-level about these binoculars.
We recommend that all our clients take at least one pair of binoculars on safari per couple or, ideally, one pair each so that you are each able to watch hunts or appreciate what you are viewing at the same time. We do realise, however, that purchasing one pair of high quality binoculars per person can be expensive - especially if this is your first time on safari or you are travelling as a family or group. For this reason, we now rent out high quality, well-maintained binoculars for you to take on safari. 10 x magnification; 42mm aperture is the gold standard for binoculars used for wildlife viewing.
• Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
• Roof Prisms: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
• Lightweight at only at 590g.
• Waterproof: Optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
• Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fog-proof and waterproof performance.
• Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip and durable external protection.
• Adjustable Eye-Cups: Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
• Centre Focus Wheel: Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
• Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
• Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately. Please contact us should you wish for us to order this in for you.
How to set up your binoculars for your eyesight:
1) We all have slightly different eyesight strengths and so you will need to set up your binoculars to suit your eyesight using the dioptre setting. If you do not do this, your binoculars will not focus correctly.
2) Please follow the instructions on this page under the heading “Setting the Dioptre for your Binoculars:” thesafaristore.com/products/binoculars/techTalk.
3) The location of the dioptre may be different depending on your binoculars. Simply check your user manual to find out where the dioptre is on your binoculars. The same steps would still apply.