Magnification: 10x; Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm; Eye Relief: 14 mm; Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm; Linear Field of View: 315 feet/1000 yards; Angular Field Of View: 6 degrees; Close Focus: 7 feet; Interpupillary Distance: 58-75 mm; Length: 5.6 inches (14.22cm); Width: 5 inches (12.7cm) ; Weight: 20.8 ounces (590g)
About the Vortex Crossfire 10x42 Binocular Rentals:
Rent a quality, performance-driven binocular when you select the all-new Crossfire series. The Crossfires feature an entirely new optical system, housing, and aesthetic push into a realm previously unheard of at this price. Fully multi-coated lenses promote impressive optical quality, while a wide field of view and enhanced depth of field ensure optimal subject acquisition. They may be the entry point in our roof prism lineup, but there is nothing entry-level about these binoculars.
We recommend that all our clients take at least one pair of binoculars on safari per couple or, ideally, one pair each so that you are each able to watch hunts or appreciate what you are viewing at the same time. We do realise, however, that purchasing one pair of high quality binoculars per person can be expensive - especially if this is your first time on safari or you are travelling as a family or group. For this reason, we now rent out high quality, well-maintained binoculars for you to take on safari. 10 x magnification; 42mm aperture is the gold standard for binoculars used for wildlife viewing.
• Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
• Roof Prisms: Valued for greater durability and a more compact size.
• Lightweight at only at 590g.
• Waterproof: Optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
• Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fog-proof and waterproof performance.
• Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip and durable external protection.
• Adjustable Eye-Cups: Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
• Centre Focus Wheel: Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
• Right Eye Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
• Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately. Please contact us should you wish for us to order this in for you.
How to set up your binoculars for your eyesight:
1) We all have slightly different eyesight strengths and so you will need to set up your binoculars to suit your eyesight using the dioptre setting. If you do not do this, your binoculars will not focus correctly.
2) Please follow the instructions on this page under the heading “Setting the Dioptre for your Binoculars:” thesafaristore.com/products/binoculars/techTalk.
3) The location of the dioptre may be different depending on your binoculars. Simply check your user manual to find out where the dioptre is on your binoculars. The same steps would still apply.
How Binocular Rental works:
Binocular Hire is worked out on a per week basis. The rental period is defined as the period from the day you depart the UK to the day you return to the UK. To order your rental binoculars, please follow these easy steps:
1) Find your departure date from the UK on your travel itinerary
2) Work out the length of your holiday - that is from the date you leave the UK to the date you return to the UK
3) Round the length of your holiday up to the nearest week. For example, should your holiday be 12 days in total, your binocular hire period would be 2 weeks.
4) Select the number of pairs of binoculars you wish to hire above (one pair per person is the ideal)
5) Select the number of weeks for which you will require the binoculars (see point 3)
6) Enter your 'Start Date' (the day you depart the UK). This is vital for us to gauge when to send the binoculars to you. We will send the rental binoculars to you to arrive a day or two before you depart. If you have placed an order for other items, then these will be sent as soon as possible after you place your order, with the binoculars to follow in time for your departure date. Therefore, please ensure that your departure date as given above is accurate.
7) Click on 'Add to Basket'
8) Should your order include other items - for example, clothing - we will send them to to you beforehand.
Binocular Hire Terms:
By choosing to rent your binoculars from The Safari Store, you are agreeing to these terms:
1) Binocular Type: The Vortex Crossfire 10x42. All our rental binoculars are chosen for being ideal for safari, are high quality, and are individually inspected and cleaned before being sent to you. We keep an accurate ledger which records the condition the binoculars were in before being sent to you.
2) Binocular Care: Please do take good care of your rental binoculars. To clean the lenses: Remove as much dust as possible from the lens without rubbing. Lens cleaning brushes or compressed gas is best; Use a lens-cleaning tissue to gently wipe away any excess dust; Do not try to get the surface perfectly clean - the less rubbing, the better; Only clean while on safari or travelling if the need arises. If they are dusty when you get back to the UK, rather return them to us in a dusty condition for us to clean. Remember: dust + tissue = sand paper, which is not good for delicate, coated binocular lenses.
3) Liability: Please note that we are entitled to charge you for any damage, breakages, or loss of the binoculars (including the box in which the binoculars are sent to you, accessories, and attachments) you are hiring from The Safari Store. We check each pair of binoculars before sending them to you and so we know the state of each pair of our hired binoculars.
4) Binocular Hire Deposit: Please note that an automatic deposit amount will be added to your order which will be refunded to your card should the binoculars be returned in the same condition as which they were sent to you. The deposit will be shown in your basket before you check out. This will be done at the end of the month in which the binoculars were returned. You will receive an e-mail as soon as the refund has been processed. We keep accurate records of all binoculars we send out and so know when damage has occurred during your rental period. For any minor damage or where lens caps (front and back), straps, cases, and so on need to be replaced, we will use your deposit to pay for the repair. Where the deposit does not cover the repair and where you have hired more than one pair, we reserve the right to combine your deposit amounts to pay for any repairs or replacement. Should you break the binoculars, you will be charged the replacement cost for a brand new pair. Binoculars are simple things to look after so, if you take good care of them, then the deposit will be refunded without quibble.
5) We allow you 3 working days in which to return your rental binoculars to us, calculated as being 3 working days after the end of your rental period. If we do not receive the binoculars, we are entitled to charge you £5 per pair per day that they are overdue. If you have sent the binoculars back to us by post and they have been delayed in transit, we will take the postal date on the parcel into account. These binoculars remain the property of The Safari Store Ltd
Send Product Feedback
"The pair of binoculars that I hired from The Safari Store are definitely the optimum in both weight and focal length to suit any safari - along with being waterproof. They are so good that I decided to buy rather than return them!!" Nick French, Tanzania Odyssey UK (a small, specialist tour operator for Tanzania and other regions of Africa).
"Binoculars are without doubt the number one safari essential. I will go as far as to say that you may as well not go on safari without a pair of good binoculars. A pair of high quality binoculars are vitally important to the success of your safari. Not only do they bring distant wildlife closer to you, but they also allow you to appreciate and study closer animals in intimate detail. You are paying a good sum of your hard-earned money to go on safari. Please make the most of the experience by packing binoculars. It is also worth mentioning that your guide will also need his or her binoculars to ensure that you remain safe on safari and in order to ensure that he is able to spot wildlife so that you get to see so much more. Borrowing your guide's pair is not the done thing on safari." Steve Adams, founder of The Safari Store.