Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 610g; ⊙ Length: 147mm; ⊙ Width: 129mm; ⊙ Deluxe custom-molded carry case; ⊙ Rainguard; ⊙ Objective Lens Cover; ⊙ Neck Strap
Magnification: 10 x; Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm; Eye Relief: 15 mm; Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm; Linear Field of View: 330 feet/1000 yards; Angular Field Of View: 6.3 degrees; Close Focus: 6.7 feet; Interpupillary Distance: 55-75 mm; ⊙ Weight: 610g; ⊙ Length: 147mm; ⊙ Width: 129mm
About the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binocular Rentals:
For their superior quality and high-performance optics, the Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binoculars have become our rental binoculars of choice for safaris. They are so good you will probably want to buy a new pair from us afterwards. By renting the Diamondbacks from us you are able to take enhance your safari experience by ensuring that you have these around your neck for an affordable price. 10 x magnification; 42mm aperture is the gold standard for binoculars used for wildlife viewing.
We recommend that all our clients take at least one pair of binoculars on safari per couple, or ideally one pair each so that you are each able to watch hunts, or appreciate what you are viewing at the same time. We do realise, however, that purchasing one pair of high quality binoculars per person can be expensive - especially if this is your first time on safari, or you are travelling as a family or group. For this reason, we now rent out high quality, well maintained binoculars for you to take on safari.
• Fully Multi-Coated Lenses: Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
• Dielectric Coating: Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, color-accurate images.
• Argon Gas: Argon gas-purged and o-ring-sealed for fogproof and waterproof performance.
• Waterproof: Optics are sealed with o-rings to prevent moisture, dust, and debris from getting inside the binocular.
• Fogproof: Argon gas purging guarantees superior fogproof and waterproof performance.
• Rubber Armour: Provides a secure, non-slip grip, and durable external protection.
• Adjustable Eyecups: Twist up and down for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses.
• Center Focus Wheel: Adjusts the focus of both binocular barrels at the same time.
• Diopter: Adjusts for differences in a user's eyes. Located on the right eyepiece.
• Tripod Adaptable: Compatible with a tripod adapter, allowing use on a tripod or car window mount. Adapter sold separately. Please contact us should you wish for us to order this in for you.
How to set up your binoculars for your eyesight:
1) We all have slightly different eyesight strengths and so you will need to set up your binoculars to suit your eyesight using the dioptre setting. If you do not do this, your binoculars will not focus correctly.
2) Please follow the instructions on this page under the heading “Setting the Dioptre for your Binoculars:” thesafaristore.com/products/binoculars/techTalk.
3) The location of the dioptre may be different depending on your binoculars. Simply check your user manual to find out where the dioptre is on your binoculars. The same steps would still apply.