⊙ HD (High Density) extra-low dispersion glass delivers impressive resolution and colour fidelity, resulting in High Definition images.
⊙ Weight: 610g / 21.5 ounces.
⊙ Hardy rubber armour for strength and ergonomic non-slip grip.
⊙ Waterproof, fog-proof due to argon gas purging, and dust-proof.
⊙ Roof prisms.
⊙ Fully multi-coated lenses for increased light transmission.
⊙ Dielectric Coating - Multi-layer prism coatings provide bright, clear, colour-accurate images.
⊙ Adjustable eye cups.
⊙ Tripod mountable (tripod sold separately).
⊙ Comes with deluxe glasspak binocular harness & case. Also rain-guard eye-piece cover, tethered objective lens cover, and neck strap.
For affordable high-end optics, these have become our binoculars of choice for safaris. Superior quality, high-performance optics can now find their way around your neck for an affordable price.
Completely re-designed, the Diamondback HD binoculars once again re-define the price vs performance ratio in the world of optics. Functionally, as well as aesthetically, the short hinge and upscale sleek new look not only grabs the eye, but leaves more room for your hands—making them physically easier to hold.
An all new optical system with enhanced, dielectric fully multi-coated lenses serves up stunning views and impressive low-light performance—critical attributes when working to glass up and evaluate game. With their ultra-wide, best-in-class field of view, you can efficiently cover ground and acquire subjects with ease.
Vortex VIP Warranty:
Vortex binoculars come with a lifetime warranty. Accessories subject to natural wear and tear or loss, such as objective lens caps, rainguards, rubber eyecups, carrying cases and straps are not covered by the VIP Warranty
Our VIP warranty is about you; not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale. VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customer. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. If we cannot repair your product, we will replace it with a product in perfect working order of equal or better physical condition.You see, it doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for all Vortex Optics riflescopes, prism scopes, red dots, rangefinders, binoculars, spotting scopes, tripods, and monoculars.
• Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
• Fully transferable
• No warranty card to fill out
• No receipt needed to hang on to
If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you.
Note: The VIP Warranty does not cover loss, theft, deliberate damage, or cosmetic damage that does not hinder the performance of the product.
Vortex Diamondback 10x42 Binoculars – Further Information:
⊙ SETTING THE DIOPTRE FOR YOUR BINOCULARS: It is crucially important that you set up your binoculars to account for your eyesight. Here is how you do it:
• Pick up your binoculars and look through them as you normally would;
• Close your right eye so that you are only looking through your left eye;
• Pick an object that has texture about 10 metres away and, looking through your left eye only, turn the Centre Focus knob until the object is in focus and crystal clear to view;
• Now, keeping your binoculars pointed at the same object, close your left eye and open your right eye;
• Using the dioptre (the movable ring) and only looking at the object through the right lens with your right eye, turn the dioptre until the object is in focus for your right eye;
• Your binoculars are now set for your eyesight.
• Only use the Centre Focus Knob for focusing from this point on.
⊙ WHAT THE NUMBERS MEAN:
• MAGNIFICATION: Binoculars are often referred to by two numbers separated by an "x". For example, 10x42. The first number is the power of magnification of the binoculars. With a 10x42 pair of binoculars, the image of the subject being viewed is brought ten times closer to you through your binoculars (compared to viewing the subject with the naked eye). Through our experience, we have found that a magnification of 10x is ideal for safaris. 8x magnification would do but we feel that, unless you have a specific reason for using 8x magnification binoculars (for example, if you are a birder heading to the forests of Uganda), it is always better to have the subject you are viewing 10 times closer. We also feel that at 10 times magnification lens shake does not come into play for 95% of people.
• OBJECTIVE LENS SIZE: The second number in the formula (10x42) is the diameter of the objective front lens, measured in millimeters. The larger the objective lens, the more light that enters the binocular, and the brighter the image. Through our experience, we have found that an objective lens size (aperture) of 42mm is the ideal for safaris to allow for as bright an image as possible in low lighting conditions.
• FIELD OF VIEW: The side-to-side measurement of the circular viewing field or subject area. It is defined by the width in feet or metres of the area visible at 1 000 yards or meters. A wide-angle binocular features a wide field-of-view and is better for following action. Generally, the higher the magnification, the narrower the field-of-view.
• EYE RELIEF AND EYEGLASS-WEARERS: Eye relief is the distance binoculars can be held away from the eye and still present the full field-of-view. Extended or long eye relief reduces eyestrain and is ideal for eyeglass wearers. Binoculars also come with twist-up, pop-up, or soft rubber fold-down eye cups so eyeglass-wearers can see the entire field of view.
If you are unsure which binoculars to pack, please do not hesitate to contact us
Send Product Feedback
Help us improve our products even further by sending feedback to email@example.com.