Boys' & Girls' Outdoor Shirts, Travel Shirts, & Safari Shirts
Our children's outdoor safari shirts are made in technical fabrics for comfort, protection. They will love the explorer style of our shirts. Designed with outdoor & African travel conditions in mind, these shirts are packed full of features to assure parents and keep active kids comfortable and on the go.
The advice below is a summary. If you are looking for more information & expert advice then please click here for our full safari shirt advice section
- It is important that you pack safari-suitable shirts for your children on safari which also offer maximum protection from the elements and defence from most biting insects.
- Pack children's safari shirts in neutral, natural tones such as shades of khaki, brown, and green.
- We recommend long-sleeved safari shirts for children with roll-up sleeve tabs over short-sleeved shirts. These enable boys and girls to roll their sleeves up and down to stay cool, keep warm, or to avoid sunburn on their arms. It also increases defence from most biting insects when sleeves are rolled down, which is further increased when the fabric is treated with insect repellent.
- Kids' safari shirts with a collar also give your kids added protection from sunburn - and, again, from insect bites.
- Look for children's safari shirts which have the following key characteristics: the ability to wick moisture to keep them cool, high level of sun protection (SPF50+ is best), and an anti-insect fabric finish assists in reducing bites from most flying and biting insects.
- Pack more children's safari shirts made from man-made fibres (polyamide) than natural fibres (such as cotton). Man-made fibres are better at wicking moisture from the skin - and it is this movement of moisture which will keep them cool.
Number of children's safari shirts to pack for their safari:
Up to 4-day safari: x 2; Up to 8-day safari: x 4; Up to 12-day safari: x 6