Safari Clothing With Warmth For Boys & Girls
Warm outdoor & safari clothing is vital for just about all northern hemisphere outdoor adventures - and on safaris & travels to Africa, India and beyond where dawn & evening game drives, bush walks, & time spent outside can get chilly. It can get very hot - even in Africa - but it can get very cold too. Prepare by packing a snug outdoor & safari warm layer.
- Children feel the cold faster than adults and so it is important when going on safari to pack a children's safari fleece to keep them warm and snug on early morning and evening game drives and through the African winter.
- Pack a kid's safari fleece which is made from safari-friendly colours such as brown, greens, and khaki.
- Pack a safari-coloured waterproof layer for each child if you are travelling over the rainy season for your safari.
- Having lived in Africa through the rains we are also able to advise that the daytime temperature goes from very hot before the rains start, to much cooler once the rains have settled in. The difference may be as much as 10 to 15 degrees celsius below the average temperatures and so again we advise that a fleece or jacket is packed to keep you warm.
Number of boys' and girls' safari jackets or safari fleeces to pack for your safari:
1 x safari fleece or jacket; 1 x waterproof safari jacket should you be travelling over the rainy season.
- Pack children's garments and accessories for your safari which protect them from the cold and which keep them cosy and warm. Safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves for children should be considered a packing essential over the African winter - and may also be required for some mornings on summer safaris too.
- At the very least we recommend packing a safari beanie for your kids on any safari as a safari beanie is so small and light to carry in their luggage, yet have a big effect on how warm you are able to keep your children should it get cold. Keep their safari beanie in your or their small bag which you take on game drives.
- Further to the point above, for the African summer pack a safari beanie for your kids just in case the mercury drops. For the most part their wide-brimmed safari hat should keep them warm enough, but why take the risk? Please do take note too of the altitude of the area in which you are going on safari. The Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, as an example, is over 2000 metres above sea level and most camps are on the rim of the crater and so may have cold temperatures (morning and evenings in particular) and precipitation throughout the year and we would recommend taking warmer safari accessories just in case.
- Pack safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves in safari colours.
Number of children's safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves to pack for your safari:
1 x safari scarf; 1 x safari beanie; 1 x kid's safari gloves - although your kids should be able to keep warm by tucking their hands into their children's safari jacket or fleece.
Please note that we do not yet have images of kids wearing our beanies and scarves range - but they will fit as the head grows faster than the rest of the body - so please shop from the products below.