Elements and Activities – H7.2 Ledlenser Safari Headlamp:
Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 165g; ⊙ Lumens: Up to 250lm; ⊙ Range: Up to 160m; ⊙ Power Supply: 4 x AAA 1.5V; ⊙ Battery life of up to 30 hours; ⊙ Our overall rating: 8.75/10
Activities: ⊙ Safari; ⊙ Night drives; ⊙ Camp/hotel/lodge staff; ⊙ Travel; ⊙ Outdoors; ⊙ Expeditions; ⊙ General safety and security; ⊙ Emergencies; ⊙ Camping trips; ⊙ Everyday use; ⊙ Gift; ⊙ Survival; ⊙ Construction and auto repairs; ⊙ Early morning or evening jogging, walking, biking; ⊙ Recreation
Features: ⊙ High-power LED for exceptional luminosity; ⊙ Power, Low Power, Boost, and Blink light functions; ⊙ Advanced Focus System combines lens and reflector for a high-quality floodlight and concentrated beam; ⊙ Transportation lock so you don't turn your torch on accidentally and waste precious battery life; ⊙ Easy dimming function
Free up both hands for any task in low light or at night with this high-quality headlamp. With an ergonomic shape and high-performance torch technology, this headlamp is an investment in convenience.
Once you have used a headlamp, there is no going back to conventional, handheld flashlights. Boy, are they practical! Let the obsession with being hands-free extend to your torch. With this headlamp on your head, you are free to set up camp, start a fire, read a book, shake someone’s hand, unpack or search through your luggage, go to the bathroom (yes, this is a reality), see where you are stepping, use your binoculars to spot wildlife, while the beam of your H7.2 picks out a porcupine or genet (we think that our clients often overlook using their binoculars at night). The list is just about endless.
Ledlenser have further developed the strengths of the H7 and integrated additional, practical functions into the new Ledlenser H7.2. The materials used, as well as the ergonomic shape ensure that you hardly notice you are wearing the lamp. The dim function has not only been made more convenient, Led;enser have also enhanced it to include additional lighting functions. At the same time, the Ledlenser H7.2 is both brighter and longer-lasting.
Range vs lumens: When buying torches, please do not only look at the lumens advertised, but also the range of the torch. Where Ledlenser is so impressive is that their torches are highly efficient at transforming battery power into light, which means that the range on a Ledlenser torch will often be much greater than the range on another make of LED torch, even when the other LED torch produces more lumens.
As a leading international brand of hand-held torches and head lamps, Ledlenser is renowned for superior German engineering, outstanding performance, and state-of-the-art technologies such as the patented Advanced Focus System and Smart Light Technology. Constantly driving innovation to provide class-leading lighting instruments, Ledlenser is the brand of choice for professional tradesmen, emergency services personnel, search and rescue teams, and serious outdoor enthusiasts. Ledlenser hand torches and head lamps deliver breath-taking, bright, homogeneous white light that turns night into day and simply has to be seen to be believed. Using only the finest materials such as energy-efficient CREE LED light chips, aircraft-grade aluminium, and gold-plated contacts, they are renowned for quality and have a reputation for reliability that is second to none.
Torch etiquette on safari: Please note that one should never shine a torch into the eyes of diurnal animals, including elephants. This may result in them becoming dazed, leaving them vulnerable to predators.
Packing notes for torches from our experts:
• Packing a high-quality torch is essential on all safaris. This is important for your safety at night.
• Not only will a high-quality torch, such as the range we stock from Ledlenser, ensure that you avoid stepping on any reptiles, arachnids, or insects at night when walking back to your room or tent, but you are also able to spot and avoid wildlife which may have wandered into the camp area in the evenings, as most camps are unfenced.
• Spotting wildlife is also good fun at night. Please ensure that you do so from a safe vantage point such as from the lodge or from the comfort of your room or tent. Your guide and lodge staff should be able to assist you in finding the safest position from which to view the animal.
• For guidelines on which animals you should not shine on at night and for other useful torch usage information, please see the section on this page called "Torch etiquette".
General notes from our experts:
• Our expert, honest advice has the sole intention of increasing your enjoyment and safety whilst on safari and comes from years of experience on all types of safaris and adventures in Africa.
• Natural behaviour: For all the activities you enjoy on your safari, please remember that the ultimate safari involves seeing natural behaviour from the animals you have travelled so far to spend time with. What we mean by this is that you and your guide should not confront any animal while on safari, but rather stay a safe distance away from the animal so that they continue with their habits as if you were not there. The holy grail of safaris is to use the wind, sun, and your guide's skills to try view the animal without it ever becoming aware of your presence. Watching an intimate moment between an elephant cow and calf beats an elephant charging you when you venture too close and she feels threatened. Please bear this in mind when viewing animals during the day and at night - no matter how great or small. Wildlife observations in an open, natural habitat are a privilege and leaving animals as undisturbed as possible by our encounters is what we should all strive to achieve.