Elements and activities – the Rufiji™ BUGTech™ Long-Sleeved Travel and Everyday Shirt:
Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 240g; ⊙ Made from 100% Rufiji™ Ripstop BUGTech™ fabric with wicking, built-in insect defence, SPF, and anti-microbial finish
Activities: ⊙ For wear around the lodge on safari (please note we do not recommend this shirt beyond the lodge as powder blue is not a safari-friendly colour)✓ ⊙ Outdoors✓ ⊙ Travel✓ ⊙ Everyday casual and smart wear✓ ⊙ Work; ⊙ Outdoor sports, hobbies, and activities✓ ⊙ Adventure✓ ⊙ Expeditions✓
Features: ⊙ Made from soft, strong, and cool 100% Rufiji™ Ripstop BUGTech™ anti-insect fabric with moisture wicking; ⊙ Built-in SPF; ⊙ Anti-bacterial technology to keep your shirt smelling fresh without washing; ⊙ Quick release from creasing for travel; ⊙ Two chest pockets with velcro closure; ⊙ Zipped security pocket; ⊙ +Vent hidden system along back top seam to keep you cool; ⊙ QuickDry material means you can wash and go in no time; ⊙ Single tab and loop roll-up sleeve tabs; ⊙ Packaged in a bag made from recyclable paper as part of our 'say no to plastic' environmental philosophy
Available in eye-catching and always fashionable powder blue and based on our bestselling Rufiji™ SafariElite range, this is an exceptional multi-functional lifestyle shirt for the modern man.
Designed to suit just about any activity, this is a shirt made to fit in with every element of your life. We understood the appeal of a different, outstanding colour and so have created this lifestyle shirt that was born out of the outdoors and fits the part everywhere. You are now able to reap the benefit of wearing our superb BUGTech™ fabric for travel, walks in the country, Sunday lunch at the pub, or to wear to work – built for the outdoors; made to wear anywhere!
Its technical BUGTech™ fabric makes it a shirt adapted for your protection and comfort in the outdoors for activities such as photography, fishing, hiking, and other outdoor hobbies. The list is endless. In addition to the anti-insect and moisture wicking qualities of the fabric, the Ripstop fabric is strong and smooth to the touch with built-in SPF to protect you from the sun.
Creases from packing are quickly released and anti-bacterial technology keeps your shirt smelling fresh between washes. The material also dries quickly, keeping you on the go for adventure travel and outdoor hobbies. Another feature that promotes dryness and comfort is the +Vent system which is hidden along the top seams at the back of the shirt, increasing airflow around your body while you’re on the move.
The Rufiji™ BUGTech™ SafariLife Long-Sleeved Travel and Everyday Shirt has two front pockets with Velcro closure for easy access, as well as a hidden zipped security pocket in which to secure your smaller valuables. The roll-up sleeve tabs are hidden when the sleeves are down, but hold your sleeves in place when rolled up.
Before jumping on the anti-insect clothing bandwagon, we wanted to be 100% sure our clients were receiving a shirt that actually worked. The problem with most other anti-insect brands of clothing is that the wicking effect is retarded by the addition of the anti-insect finish. In effect, you end up wearing a plastic bag. We were most concerned about the following:
• That we developed the best possible anti-insect finish and had it independently tested to ensure that it actually worked;
• That, in the evolution from MaraTech™ to BUGTech™ fabric, the high level of wicking and benefits of our MaraTech™ fabric were not lost or hindered in anyway. Many other brands forego this testing and rely on intensive marketing campaigns to sell their garments. In developing the BUGTech™ fabric, we were guided by our new mantra for our Rufiji™ clothing range: "No marketing hype. Just the facts." In ensuring we could deliver a product that performs, we undertook to put the Rufiji™ BUGTech™ SafariLife Long-Sleeved Travel and Everyday Shirt through thorough in-house and independent tests.
• Our BUGTech™ fabric has been proven in independent tests by the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) Pesticide Trial Section to effectively repel most insects. What is more, the majority of anti-insect garments on the market today have very poor wicking as it usually conflicts with the anti-insect finish on fabric and so, while your garment may keep most insects away, without wicking the shirt will not keep you cool. We tested our BUGTech™ against our MaraTech™ range which is highly effective at wicking moisture away from your skin and the results were impressive. Please view both test results in the product images above. We know of no other manufacturer willing to publish their results.
• The active ingredient in our BUGTech™ fabric is permethrin which is used at the ultra low dosage of 500ppm. Permethrin is a man-made version of a natural insect repellent found in certain Chrysanthemum plants. BUGTech™ utilises a proprietary permethrin formula to provide odourless insect defence.
In addition to affording defence from a host of biting insects including mosquitoes, flies, bed-bugs, fleas, and midges, BUGTech™ also inhibits odour-causing bacteria and fabric degradation.
If you have any questions regarding BUGTech™ and the development of the fabric please do not hesitate to contact us.
Say no to plastic packaging
Your Rufiji™ clothing is packaged in a recyclable paper bag. At The Safari Store, we are working hard to eliminate plastic from all of our packaging. This forms part of our commitment to a green future and the preservation of the environment, so future generations can enjoy pristine natural spaces.
Rufiji™ BUGTech™ SafariLife Long-Sleeved Travel and Everyday Shirt – Further Information:
⊙ MATERIAL: Made from 100% Rufiji™ Ripstop BUGTech™ fabric. Ripstop gives the fabric strength and it is smooth to the touch. This strong, light material combines the best of MaraTech™ and BUGTech™ to offer you comfort, style, and protection on adventure travels, fishing trips, and outdoor activities and hobbies. Creases are quickly released after unpacking and the fabric is quick to dry for your convenience. Anti-bacterial technology also keeps your shirt smelling fresh between washes.
⊙ BUILT-IN INSECT DEFENCE: Independent testing of our BUGTech™ fabric has confirmed the effectiveness of its anti-insect properties without compromising on its moisture wicking ability, which is often the case within the industry.
⊙ WICKING: Strong, cool BUGTech™ fabric draws perspiration away from skin and promotes quick evaporation for maximum dryness and comfort.
⊙ SPF50+: The Sun Protection Factor is a measure of the amount of the sun's ultraviolet rays that reach your skin. Our MaraTech™ fabric will protect your skin from harmful sun exposure - in effect, sunblock for your clothing. This is the highest SPF rating we know of on a garment.
⊙ +VENT SYSTEM: This shirt includes our new +Vent system. This system increases the flow of air around your body by including hidden vents along the seam-line of the back, top section of the shirt.
⊙ ROLL-UP SLEEVE TABS: Roll up and secure the sleeves of this long-sleeved shirt for flexibility and convenience. The tabs secure the sleeves when they're rolled up but remain hidden when sleeves are down.
⊙ POCKETS: Two chest pockets with velcro closure for easy access, as well as a zipped security pocket (fits 90x125mm passport).
*Please do not assume your size - always check the size guide.
*Please note that the colour of this shirt makes it unsuitable for safari. Our BUGTech™ SafariElite Long-Sleeved Safari Shirt has the same features in a safari-friendly colour.
* The BUGTech™ fabric can be worn by all ages. The active ingredient has been approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for application onto textiles and clothing. It is non-leaching - i.e. it won't transfer from the fabric / garment on to the wearer’s skin. Hence, even if one was to perspire heavily or lick the fabric, there is no chance of the vital protection transferring.
|cm / inch||S||M||L||XL||XXL||XXXL||XXXXL|
|1/2 Chest||52.55 cm||56 cm||59.75 cm||63.5 cm||67.25 cm||71 cm||74.75 cm|
|Centre Back Length||76.75 cm||79 cm||81.25 cm||83.5 cm||85.75 cm||88 cm||90.25 cm|
|Sleeve Overarm||66 cm||67 cm||68 cm||69 cm||70 cm||71 cm||72 cm|
Three easy steps to ordering the right size:
With so many different brands from all over the world available on the high street and online, the only way to get your size right the first time round is to compare a garment you own and which fits you well with one of our garments.
STEP 1: You will need a measuring tape, a flat surface such as a table, a notepad to record your garment's measurements - and your own collared long sleeve shirt which is a comfortable fit. Tip: If you do not have a measuring tape, use your credit card. The long side of a credit card measures 8.5cm and the short side is 5.4cm. Simply use the centimetre measurements on our chart and divide by 8.5cm to get an idea of how many credit card lengths equals the measurement you are recording.
STEP 2: Referring to the images above, place your shirt flat on the table and record the following measurements: ⊙ 1/2 Bust/Chest - Across the front of the shirt from armpit to armpit; ⊙ Centre Back Length - From the nape of the neck on the back of shirt to the bottom hem; ⊙ Sleeve Overarm - From the top of the sleeve where it joins the shoulder to the end of the cuff.
STEP 3: Compare your measurements with our size chart and order the size closest to your measurements. Chest/bust is usually the most important measurement if you are in a hurry, but checking all three will make for the most comfortable fit.