Elements and Activities – X21.2 Ledlenser Safari Torch:
Quick Facts: ⊙ Weight: 1.48kg; ⊙ Length: 39.7cm; ⊙ Lumens: Up to 1500lm; ⊙ Range: Up to 600m; ⊙ Power supply: 4 x D-cell batteries; ⊙ Battery life: Up to 50 hours ⊙ Our overall rating: 8.5/10
Activities: ⊙ Safari; ⊙ Night drives; ⊙ Camp/hotel/lodge staff; ⊙ Travel; ⊙ Outdoors; ⊙ Expeditions; ⊙ General safety and security; ⊙ Emergencies; ⊙ Camping trips; ⊙ Everyday use; ⊙ Gift; ⊙ Survival; ⊙ Construction and auto repairs; ⊙ Early morning or evening jogging, walking, biking; ⊙ Recreation
⊙ Weight: 1.48kg.
⊙ Extremely bright LED.
⊙ Casing made from light, strong, splash-proof aluminium.
⊙ Three power settings (Power, Low Power, and Strobe) to suit every light condition.
⊙ Advanced Focus System incorporating a lens and a reflector for close-up and distance illumination.
⊙ Advanced Smart Light Technology gives you the choice of two energy modes for power-saving or continuous, consistent light.
⊙ Featuring Ledlenser's X-LENS Technology, multiple LEDs combine to create one seamless beam of light - an industry first brought to you by Ledlenser.
⊙ Switch between light settings in seconds through full- or half-clicks of the tail switch with the Dynamic Switch System.
⊙ Rapid Focus allows you to go from close-up viewing to distance lighting with a simple slide of the bezel.
⊙ Hard-anodised coating for extra durability. Together with the titanium ring bezel, this is one tough torch.
If you’re looking for power across all applications, this is the torch for you. This large multi-LED hand torch produces such a cannon of light that even some car headlights seem dim by comparison.
When Steve Backshall of Discovery Channel fame saw that we stocked the X21.2, he quite simply had to have one. In Steve's own words, "I notice that The Safari Store stock the Ledlenser X21.2. This would be a very welcome addition to my filming kit - we do loads of night spotlight filming that this would really help with." We agree with Steve. This torch may be summed up in one word: 'extraordinary'!
The X21 Ledlenser weights only 1.40kg, yet serves up over 500 meters of extremely bright light. If you are after the ultimate torch for just about any task, including safaris, then look no further.
This masterpiece is another milestone in the history of Ledlenser. The Ledlenser X21.2 will cause a sensation because it allows for a whole range of new applications in light engineering. The lamp has a light output of up to 1500 lumens. Thanks to the Advanced Focus System, the light cone can be adjusted dynamically.
You must have held this lamp in your hand to be able to really appreciate it. The Ledlenser X21.2 offers a broad, circular low beam, as well as a sharply-focused searchlight beam. Seven ultra-bright high-performance chips and seven terminator lenses produce a quality of light that you have never experienced before - a blazing beam. This lamp’s lighting range is already legendary and its impressive appearance radiates power and authority.
Technical specifications for this torch:
The X21.2 is a part of the High-Performance Line from Ledlenser, which combines innovations unprecedented in the history of flashlights. The reflector-lens of the Advanced Focus System, the Speed Focus, their Dynamic Switch concept, and the incredible luminous intensity of their chips are but a few of the novelties that will revolutionise the world of flashlights and torches.
Range vs lumens: When buying torches, please do not only look at the lumens advertised, but also the range of the torch. Where Ledlenser is so impressive is that their torches are highly efficient at transforming battery power into light, which means that the range on a Ledlenser torch will often be much greater than the range on another make of LED torch, even when the other LED torch produces more lumens.
As a leading international brand of hand-held torches and head lamps, Ledlenser is renowned for superior German engineering, outstanding performance, and state-of-the-art technologies such as the patented Advanced Focus System and Smart Light Technology. Constantly driving innovation to provide class-leading lighting instruments, Ledlenser is the brand of choice for professional tradesmen, emergency services personnel, search and rescue teams, and serious outdoor enthusiasts. Ledlenser hand torches and head lamps deliver breath-taking, bright, homogeneous white light that turns night into day and simply has to be seen to be believed. Using only the finest materials such as energy-efficient CREE LED light chips, aircraft-grade aluminium, and gold-plated contacts, they are renowned for quality and have a reputation for reliability that is second to none.
Torch etiquette on safari: Please note that one should never shine a torch into the eyes of diurnal animals, including elephants. This may result in them becoming dazed, leaving them vulnerable to predators.
Packing notes for torches from our experts:
• Packing a high-quality torch is essential on all safaris. This is important for your safety at night.
• Not only will a high-quality torch, such as the range we stock from Ledlenser, ensure that you avoid stepping on any reptiles, arachnids, or insects at night when walking back to your room or tent, but you are also able to spot and avoid wildlife which may have wandered into the camp area in the evenings, as most camps are unfenced.
• Spotting wildlife is also good fun at night. Please ensure that you do so from a safe vantage point such as from the lodge or from the comfort of your room or tent. Your guide and lodge staff should be able to assist you in finding the safest position from which to view the animal.
• For guidelines on which animals you should not shine on at night and for other useful torch usage information, please see the section on this page called "Torch etiquette".
General notes from our experts:
• Our expert, honest advice has the sole intention of increasing your enjoyment and safety whilst on safari and comes from years of experience on all types of safaris and adventures in Africa.
• Natural behaviour: For all the activities you enjoy on your safari, please remember that the ultimate safari involves seeing natural behaviour from the animals you have travelled so far to spend time with. What we mean by this is that you and your guide should not confront any animal while on safari, but rather stay a safe distance away from the animal so that they continue with their habits as if you were not there. The holy grail of safaris is to use the wind, sun, and your guide's skills to try view the animal without it ever becoming aware of your presence. Watching an intimate moment between an elephant cow and calf beats an elephant charging you when you venture too close and she feels threatened. Please bear this in mind when viewing animals during the day and at night - no matter how great or small. Wildlife observations in an open, natural habitat are a privilege and leaving animals as undisturbed as possible by our encounters is what we should all strive to achieve.