Safari Accessories By Thusk™
Our range of hand-knitted accessories to keep you cosy and snug when the mercury drops: on safari, the ski slopes, the backcountry, and at home. Thusk™ is headed by our founder’s mum, Hazel Adams, and is a project set up by The Safari Store to provide employment to a small group of Zulu women in South Africa. Each item is lovingly crafted by this proficient team of knitters, a thought which will warm you from the inside, while keeping the chill at bay
- It can and does get cold on safari. See our Womens Safari Jackets and Fleeces page for more information on why this is the case.
- Pack women's garments and accessories for your safari which keep you warm. Women's safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves should be considered a packing essential over the African winter - and may also be required for some mornings on summer safaris too.
- At the very least, we recommend packing a safari beanie on any safari as they are so small and light to carry in your luggage, yet have a big effect on how warm you are should you get cold. Keep your safari beanie in the bag you take on game drives. You may well get some envious stares from others who have not had the foresight to pack a safari beanie.
- Further to the point above, for the African summer, pack a women's safari beanie just in case. For the most part, your women's wide-brimmed safari hat should keep you warm enough, but why take the risk? Please also take note of the altitude of the area in which you are going on safari. The Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, as an example, is over 2000 metres above sea level and most camps are on the rim of the crater and so may have cold temperatures (morning and evenings in particular) and precipitation throughout the year, so we would recommend taking warmer safari accessories just in case.
- Pack safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves in safari colours.
Number of women's safari scarves, safari beanies, and safari gloves to pack for your safari:
1 x women's safari scarf; 1 x women's safari beanie; 1 x women's safari gloves - although you should be fine tucking your hands into your women's safari jacket or fleece to keep them warm.